Tuesday, February 3, 2009

"She has a choice, she can either accept a life of misery or she can struggle against it. And she chooses to struggle... she fails in the end, but there's something beautiful, even heroic in her rebellion" - Little Children 

I think that this winter I have read more than in a year. I completed  the Twilight series of books (4 in all) in two weeks, read "Little Children" and "Say When" the next two weeks. Winter does that to me, makes me pull into my "cancer" shell and shut out the rest of the world, except when I took this it made me feel like a new person. If you don't have a passion then you won't understand, but for me, getting outside, even in 10* weather, and taking photos and making them my own makes me feel so damn good. I need to do it more, I was only out there for 10 minutes, but damn it felt good. 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dedication, as a photographer I have seen you at your wrost an now at your best. The passion and glow that it brings to you is unexplainable. I guess you can say it is like a parent watching a child learning how to ride a bike for the first time they keep falling and falling but finaly get it. You,my dear have tried so many professions in you life ans I will not name them for you sake, but you hung in there and here we are finally something that you love and some that comes natural to you and the beauty that it shares with everyone is just pure amazing. This is one of many reason I love you.

Anonymous said...

I also want to say to you publicly that I love you and appreciate all that you have done for me. My life has been strange and exspecially difficult the past several years because of my mental condition (PTSD) from our past job which I loved the military. You have stood beside me every step of the way and have held my hand through this no matter how hard it has been, that my dear I thank you for and even that is not enough. I want you to know that I am here for you no matter what happens just so that you know I will never leave you in the dark to wonder through the night alone. I love you and thanks for attending the appointment with me yesterday.

katbphotos said...

your dh's comments totally made me cry (in a good way). I love what you wrote about photography. I totally get it, but you expressed it perfectly through words. I hope we get to meet in real life some day and shoot together. xoxo Kat

(thanks for the blog link!)

Valerie said...

AWE,OH my GOSH that was so sweet!